Monday, July 24, 2006

Our vacation


We started our trip to Dinosaur Valley. We hiked and walked trails to see dinosaur tracks in the rocks. This is a really neat place. Maybe better if you love to camp....we stayed in the hotel. If you know me well, there need be no explanation.






Rocky and the kids swam in the "blue hole" which is surrounded by rock, which in this picture you can see the tracks. I like swimming in lakes about as much as I like sleeping in tents. I sat this one out. They did have a good time.







At Fossil Rim, we drove a 9 mile route through land scattered with wild life. The animals are so accustomed to people that they come right up (and sometimes in) to your vehicle. This ostrich all but jumped in the back seat. We also made a friend that Rocky and Ashlynn named Susie Duberry. She was a fawn that literally followed us for about a mile. Everytime that we stopped to see other animals, she would pop her little head into Rocky's window. In the below photo, Rocky was feeding two giraffe. They were the biggest that I've ever seen. This was the mom and baby. The daddy did not seem happy to have so many visitors. God Bless!

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: